History of the school
HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The St Joseph of Cluny’s sisters.
On the 12th of May 1807 the bishop received Anne-Marie Javouhey’s vows, and those of three sisters and five young novices.
After settling the newly engaged sisters in the nunnery, the congegration under the patronage of Saint Joseph took the name of Saint Joseph de Cluny.
In 1817, the missionary call felt by Anne Marie Javouhey led way over the 5 continents.
Now there are schools in Africa and most of the other continents.
The History of our school
1958 … Sister Myriam Huckert welcomed 31 students in a commercial class.
1959… Another commercial class was opened.
1960 … The vocational classes move into a part of our current premises.
1967 … 133 students start the school year on the first floor of the Anne-Marie Javouhey’s school (Vallée du tir).
1970 … Creation of BEP classes and the school becomes co-educational.
1971 … The vocational classes move to the « Tower building » (ENEP).
1983 … Last move to the site on rue de l’Alma, our actual setting.
1991 … Departure of sister Myriam
1992 … Appointment of Mrs Edith Deschamps to the post of principal. Creation of Vocational Baccalaureat classes : Office Skills and Accounting divisions.
2001 … Creation of one class of « Complementary Mention – Reception skills in transports »
2003 … Creation of a Vocational Baccalaureat : Customer Service division
2005 …Mr Philippe GALAIS is the new headmaster.
Webpage created by Thérèse & Nicolas